21 July 2010

Winnipegasus



Did you realize that if you look at Winnipeg from satelites, the city forms one giant Golden Boy?

I dont want to Spam Beta too much with this idea, but I really need to hear from you guys.

Over the past couple of weeks since folk fest, Ive talked to most of the key players we need to make this event happen. Heres a rough layout.

Thursday night- multi media art expo
friday night- element circus
saturday night- party by the Triple Threat
Sunday- Fashion show

This is a four headed beast. (The fifth head is still the missing link, I need to connect with the NEW AGE community) I cant organize everything, each night has its own organizational body which covers its particular facet.

But OUR facet is the Art Expo. And Obi Wan Kenobi, you re our only hope. I need YOU to help me organize this art expo. Just think people, this is the chance we ve all been waiting for to come together using our various talents to put together a really slick event. The key thing here is that I want this event to be great but my main skills are RALLYING, and my weakness lies in EXECUTION. Plus if I try to organize everything, when will I get a chance to work on my ART? We need to form voltron. Here s a delegation of tasks based on abilities that I envision:

Lorne Roberts, Carlos Quinonez, Culleton, Waterman, Macri- Curators, graphic designers, fundraisers. Buddies, this is yer skill sets. Even the out-of-towners can organize the facet having to do with professional writing, and the creation of the catalogue. The Catalogue is where the major expense lays. To do it up right we ll need a solid little bundle of $. This may need to be fundraised for. However, one of the primary purposes of this catalogue is TO SELL ART AND THE ARTISTS. I want to sell my shizzle. We all do.

Those are the HardCore ex labelites I can think off the top of my head. Of course, I have a lot more Rallying to do in order to find an officer for every particular media featured in the expo. Fo example, obviosly Pancoe would be in charge of ceramics and sculpture etc, cyrus smith officer of grafiti, Mr X officer of video, Micheal Dudeck officer of performance etc.

Please guys! Lets talk about this! Time is running out!

3 comments:

c-busy said...

goldStar, only so much I can do from my far away land, let along my general interest in this, meaning I am very committed to coming and enjoying a h-ll of a time with my good buddies, but in terms of major commitments of my time for organization and the like, that will be tough. That said, lots can change in between now and the end of the world as we know it.

Lorne Roberts said...

heh. it all sounds great to me, but it's still more or less two and a half years away, no?

this feels more like a getting started/scheming phase than a finalize plans kind of phase.

ac said...

Aye!

Good to hear from ye far corners of our fair country.

This shall be an event of magnetic proportions, let us scheme!

I ask only this at this time of you brothers. That you both are present in this fair city for this event in that year on that day at that time.

In order to form voltron.

is it too early to ask of this