21 July 2010

Dinner with the cuckold's family

We sat at the table
wondering if anyone
knew the secret
About the way
you slipped
into mine
the body
knows what's
true
There was a moment
that I stared into
your lover's eyes
and we knew
what game was being played
And with all his grace
he shook my hand
in honour and
courtly gesture
the dual would be played
tomorrow
His mother
the banquet
knew who we were
If we
were nothing
but confusion
that never
made a decision
So similar the wants
so vacuous the knots
and I couldn't see
even though I
knew
at once to let go
and my pretend
was over

4 comments:

Lorne Roberts said...

perpetual confusion usually IS in fact a decision, is it not?

(also, "duel", right?)

good one. very vivid.

c-dog said...

Yes it is, well said.

And yes, but I like how it works as dual too.

Anonymous said...

Confusion sure doesn't feel like a decision sometimes.

Powerful frightening piece.

(a bit of a pitfall for the over-imaginative)

Lorne Roberts said...

hmmm... i almost like "dual" better.

word verif: averstas.