13 December 2010

One day closer

I.

Pithiness
I dare say you
have the social violence
in you.

Thank goodness I am strong.

I still have your essence
on me,
too much,
much too much.

II.

And after some reflection, I also think that there is no faith involved in thinking that life is entative of itself, that it is its full explanation of being. The study of death and birth I think would clearly demonstrate this, as in both, there is no formal choice, and if I admit of some choice in death, I do not in birth. And without choice, one is faced with the immediacy, imminence, and transparency of being, irrespective of all mediation. The very thing is, however its range, however delimited. And this does not make us a second order presence, as we are this thing, however unique and contingent in presentation. Regardless of the separation, I am present, and so are you.

No comments: