31 December 2010

Lady bugs


so, I have this family of ladybugs living in my bathroom. There's probably ten or more in total, different sizes too. There are also a few aphids/fruit flies in this same corner which I think the ladybugs are feeding on. It's like there is a mini-food chain thing going on. It's nice and warm and humid, not a bad place to live.
What I find interesting is if they were ants or mice or some other bug I might try to rid myself of them thinking they're pests, but because they're these pretty little bugs I like them and so they stay there, is it their beauty that I admire. Do you have any bugs that you live with or tolerate? If I look at my yard there are all these groupings of animals and bugs and birds, we all seem to get along, even the wasps and the bees have a place. Ecosystems

3 comments:

micro said...

I like nature =P

c-dog said...

You are one of a few bugs in my life, and I can't think of my life without them.

Love you buddy, all the best to you and your family for 2011!

Lorne Roberts said...

i'm sure it's no big surprise to hear that i like ladybugs. :)