04 January 2010

Amazon


Ill start this one with another quote. Its from this book that describes a dudes conversations with his dead brother. He asks his dead brother what its like on the other side. -It is another world, a dream which cannot be expressed in words. Movement, transparency, thoughts. Here neither earthly good nor earthly evil exists. It is kind of homelessness, a kind of dream in countless dimensions and vibrations. Here, time as you conceive of it at this moment becomes a caricature. In other words, death is but a door, time is but a window. How many more ways can I express that this is not fancy words but an accurate description of the nature of reality. How can I express that this truth must be understood and realized at all costs and as soon as possible.
Anyways, I woke up in 2010 feeling brand new. That day Don Augustin loaded up the family and we all headed out to their cabin deeper in the jungle. The pickup we hired road over fjorded rivers, over crazy one lane rope bridges, past native kids scrubbing clothes with rocks in the river. Arrivinng at un unpassable stretch we climbed out and continued on by foot for an hour or two. Crossing a river we came to a huge cabin complex. Don Augustin is a reputable Shaman who owns an enormous stretch of jungle and the cabins can fit up to 40 people. All set up on posts and made out of bamboo and other local materials. Absolute paradise. Fruit trees bearing delicious candylike fruits all over the place. A river full of fish. I felt woozy and dreamlike just walking around. He led us for a walk past a massive ceiba tree like from Endor. Seats were set up around it for meditiation. Every so often Don Augustin would stop to show us this seedpod could be used for paint, this sap from this tree could cure these ailments, the bark of this tree could be used for making clothes, etc. The jungle is a medicine chest, candy factory, and clothes closet. All of the products are already so better made by mother nature it seems absurd the way we live. Arriving at a small waterfall we jumped in and started swimming upstream. He told us to meditate beside the waterfall to get into contact with the spirit who lived there. Next we meditated inside a cave tht belonged to an anaconda. We continued further upstream past villagers panning for gold. Gold is everywhere here and we saw their cup full of tiny nuggets. On our way back we climbed into a long handhewed canoe and Don Augustin paddled us all the way back to the cabins. I did yoga the rest of the day and played with the kids. The kids are like sprites, constantly running around and laughing. I never saw them cry or cause a ruccus. Once I saw them chopping up wood with a big long knife. To my amazement I found out that they were only three years old. So incredibly healthy. That night Don Augustin showed me how to prepare the ayawuaska. Its made from two plants. One plant is a thick vine and the strips are boiled for 5 hours or so until its reduced to a thick brown muddiness. We drank our cups and went off to sleep. This night Don Augustin did a cleanse. After the brew began to take its effect, we were called out one at a time to sit in front of him. He would sing his songs in the native Cechua calling the spirits and would fan our bodies in a rythem with special plants. At one point he would make this sort of horking sound and then blow the top of our heads and into our hands. As if he was blowing darts in there. Next day I asked him about it and he explained that he shooting light through our chakras. I slept like a baby. Next day we went out to visit another even bigger ceiba tree. This was probably the biggest and oldest living creature Ive ever seen. I asked him if it was possible to communicate with the tree directly and he said that you must go to the tree and fast with only water for a day. You need to be naked and be wearing traditional face paint in order for the tree to recognize who you are and what your purpose is. Later we stopped by a little pond and Don Augustin had this special plant that he took peices of and dropped into the water. Amazingly the peices off leaf would dance and swim around in the water as if it was alive. Im not sure if Ive ever seen any thing like that before and cant explain it. I got video. That night, our last, Don Augustin gave me a glass of Tobacco Tea to drink. He explained that Tobacco is one of the worlds greatest spiritual medicnes that is very usefull for cleansing all of the body and mind and spirit. It was a big brown glass of thick tea. He put his hand on my shoulder as I drank it and shook his head saying that it would most likely make me feel very sick and that I should run to my room right after drinking it. Indeed, it was probably the most foul substance I have ever consumed. Sitting on my bed I felt like I was going to die for about 5 minutes then it all past and I felt great. Don Augustin came for cleansing time and was surprised to see that I was in such good spirits. He said that My body was very strong and well prepared and that I could even drink more ayawuaska that night so I did. It was a full moon and the night was full of the music of the jungle. I stayed awake all night and walked around looking at the stars and the moon. No visions but im certain that the brews did their work. Im new. Anways we re back in town now off to see the another hare krishna ashram for ten days or so. Godbless. I wish you all warmth and enlightment.

4 comments:

c-dog said...

Our man in the jungle, drinking tar, nice.

micro said...

How does it work? Could someone just stay there? I want to live in the jungle!

cara said...

I'm really enjoying the stories.

safe travels.

krishna said...

Dave, you should join the Hare Krisnjas. You d love it. Live in paradise, pay 10 dollars a day and they do all your cooking. All you need to do is work for 4 hours a day and pay devotion to their god.