04 September 2011

Douglas Coupland

I think there was a trade-off somewhere along the line. I think the price we paid for our golden life was an inability to fully believe in love; instead we gained an irony that scorched everything it touched. And I wondered if this irony is the price we paid for the loss of God.

But then I must remind myself we are living creature--we have religious impulses--we must--and yet into what cracks do these impulses flow in a world without religion? It is something I think about every day. Sometimes I think it is the only thing I should be thinking about (Life After God, 274-5)

3 comments:

sarachka said...

Question: If there were two of you which one would win? -Douglas Coupland

TheBlueMask said...

depends on the competition!

cara said...

arm wrestling?