06 May 2010

Rivers are Nice


Aren't we fortunate in Winnipeg to be living by 2 mighty rivers? I've been a fan of the Red my whole life, lived close to it my whole life. Being back in Winnipeg, I am once again next to it and it feels so good. The slow hum of its current drawing me near... I can't help it.
I went to sit by the Red the other day and brought my guitar. I've been venturing into solo shows lately and it scares the shit out of me everytime, but I think forcing myself through the difficult first steps will be worth it as I know i'd enjoy a side project that I can manage alone. So there, I jammed, with the mallards and geese, the moving waters and the clear blue sky.
These are the moments I live for. nature. water. flow. life. peace.

ok. that's all.

carry on.

3 comments:

c-dog said...

Back to work.

jc said...

Amen!

Lorne Roberts said...

i miss those rivers.

here, due to the ban on cosmetic pesticides, dandelions are everywhere.

good to hear you're doing solo shows. i'm sure they'll be awesome. feel free to use "cats is great" if/when you wish. :)